Back in the 2004, I read a book called “Love The Killer App” by Tim Sanders. In a nutshell, the book urged the world to be “Love Cats” and share your knowledge and always help others. I took the book to heart and I work each day to put his words into action. I recently read a post on LinkedIn called “Why Helping Others Drives Our Success” and it harkened back to this same philosophy. I hope you enjoy this article as much as I did. Below are some quick bullet points from the article and then a link to it.
Why Helping Others Drives Our Success
- Reciprocity – believe in an eye for an eye
- Learn – by volunteering to help and mentor others
- Motivate – contributing enhances the meaning of work
- Create – habit of taking others’ perspectives
- Leadership – more potential in others than in themselves