As you may know, the first web browser Netscape invented by Marc Andreessen was retired last year. However in its wake, there has been a recent boom of new web browsers including Firefox, Opera and now Chrome by Google. This new browser is the synthesis of the best features from Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Opera. Google has generated a strong web browser that is bound to only get better.
Chrome Main Features:
- Main Address Bar – Pullls up most the popular sites as you type.
- New Tab Page – Opens a new tab to see the most visited page. This is a feature straight from Opera and Cuil. Every time you open a new tab, you will see a three column visual layout of your most visited sites and see a search history of recently visted tabs.
- Application shortcuts – Use Google web apps without opening your browser.
- Dynamic Tabs – Drag tabs out of the browser to create new windows, gather multiple tabs into one window or arrange your tabs however you want.
- Crash Control – You can see memory use per tab. Each tab is run independently in the browser, so if one crashes it won’t take the whole browser down. This has been an issue with Firefox.
- Incognito Mode – Your personal information will not be saved by Google. Ask has a feature like this.
- Safe Browsing – Lets you know visually if the website has bad intent.
- Instant Bookmarks – Click star in address bar to access your favorites from any page.
- Import Settings – Move favorites from other browsers with one click.
- Simpler Downloads – Progress meter built in browser so you can drag and move onto desktop to launch when completed.
Download Google Chrome
What do you think? Will Google now take over the world of web browsing?