Are you making a resolution to improve your health in the new year? There always seems to be some report highlighted by health professionals that states curbing back your dependence on technology will improve it. However what if technology had nothing to do with it? I recently saw an article in the Akron Children’s Hospital newsletter that lists 5 simple steps of improving health and I thought they provided a good basis for a healthy new year.
5 steps to improve health:
1) 150 minutes of exercise a week
2) Use the right fuel – use choosemyplate.com
3) Sleep well by getting 6-10 hours a day
4) Screen yourself for cancer regularly
5) Manage stress – take moment to take deep breathe and celebrate success
I hope these five steps inspire you as much as they have for me. Happy new year!